Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Review: Umphrey's @ Northern Lights

Rawk show.

There have been plenty of Umphrey's McGee references on my blog and if you know me personally, I'm not shy about pledging my allegiance to the jam/prog-rockers.

After seeing them at a couple festivals over the summer, I was able to see them twice recently in the forum where they really shine: the club setting. First, at Higher Ground, in Burlington, Vt. on Nov. 13, and then at Northern Lights, in Clifton Park, NY, on the 17th.

They definitely brought their A-game and even welcomed Mike Gordon, of Phish, to sit in at Higher Ground. The sit-in was a 'gift' for their full-time bassist Ryan "Pony Boy" Stasik on his birthday. Here is a link to a review I wrote of the show at Northern Lights: LINK . Here is a link to the soundboard you can purchase and download for $9.95. It has remained on the "Top 5 Downloads" since the show and that probably won't change until New Year's. I also have it if you want a copy. I highly recommend.

1 comment:

  1. Girard stopped by the office yesterday. Said he's picking up a set of drums in the 'Burgh. Let me know if that *actually* happens. : )

    Nice to see you blogging again. Thanks for the profile last month. For what it's worth, I got more feedback/response/Facebook action from the online version.

    ReplyDelete