Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh yeah, and Radiohead's new album, King of Limbs, can be downloaded Saturday!!

A true crouching tiger, hidden dragon move by Radiohead to announce their album a week before it's released (and then sneak it out a day earlier than the press was anticipating), but I'm all for it! This First-Listen, album preview nonsense takes all the excitement out of holding a new album in my hand and tearing it open when I get into my car -- love it or hate it. I would say that was the reason why I haven't gone out and bought the new Decemberist and Iron & Wine albums (although they are good).

More good news for your Tuesday:

This, on the Fruit Bats blog:

"Just starting work on the latest album, expect new Fruit Bats jams sometime this year! Also, I've composed the score to a couple of movies this year. The first of those is called Ceremony (in theaters April 8th!), directed by my buddy Max Winkler. You can check out the preview here - we even used an old Fruit Bats chestnut for the trailer as you'll hear! More to come very soon, friends... Much love, EDJ"

Check out said trailer for "Ceremony" here.

No comments:

Post a Comment