Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday Mashup

Bridge Session
Between college basketball, Tiger Woods in the Arnold Palmer Classic, and spring training baseball, I made time to catch the Bridge Session webcast on Saturday night, featuring Bob Weir and members of The National. I can't speak for the political panel discussion (I got sidetracked with Face Time), but the music was great. The highlight was the closing portion of the performance where Bob and crew played "Ripple," "Uncle John's Band," and "Brokedown Palace" among the crow surrounding a single mic. You really felt like you were there. I definitely got a tingle during when Bob sang, "If I knew the way, I would take you home."

Stream M. Ward's New Album
Stream "Wasteland Companion" at NPR. As I listen, I'm hearing a lot of the vintage 50's-60's stylings we've come to associate M. with, along with some songs that venture into the soundscapes that are inventive and obscure. Good stuff ...



No comments:

Post a Comment