Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hidden Track Review

My review appeared on Hidden Track yesterday afternoon. Read it here.

Being the show that I reviewed was April 8, it was a little stale when it hit the site but the editor was in China for the week and couldn't post it any sooner.

Hidden Track (a subsidary of Glide music magazine) won the Weblog award for "Best Music Blog" in 2008. I got hooked to it months ago because of it's fresh look at the music scene. It is awesome for anyone who is more than just a casual fan of jam and rock music. Each day of the week has featured departments: like Stormy Monday's and Friday Mix Tape. They also have a guy that does movie reviews, one that does book reviews and everything else that keeps you caught up with music and beyond - I definately recommend.

I am very happy to be associated with HT and will surely be offering my time for another review soon (hopefully as correspondent at Mountain Jam in Hunter, N.Y. on May 31-June 2).

Not to get greedy, but my hope is that the Umphrey's family catches wind of my review and throws it on its Web site.

It would be like a big hug that a writer so desperatley needs every now and again.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment