Thursday, July 2, 2009

Poster Art

If you've followed my blog for any time, you know I am a big fan of poster art and screen printing. I don't have any experience screen printing, but I hope to get the materials soon.

I think the reason I like posters so much is because they are proof that print isn't dead; and, coming from someone with little Web knowledge, this is comforting.

I think there will always be a place for posters and print ads as they have the ability to convey a message quicky and effectively.

Anywho, a while back I highlighted the work of Jim Pollock, Phish's poster guru. He does great work, but is just one artist that happens to be in the spotlight. There are many awesome poster artists out there.

I stumbled onto a great blog called "The Poster District" that sheds light on the world of poster art. Check this blog out, it's legit.

Here is a taste:


A poster to promote wind energy, by the famous Shepard Fairey (You've seen his work before ... think Obama. Here is a link to his project, OBEY). You could buy it, but it's SOLD OUT like everything else he creates.

Tenement #1 By Tommy Cinquegrano

1 comment:

  1. There's a Shepard Fairey exhibit at the ICA in Boston that I frequent.... it's really rad.

    ReplyDelete