Wednesday, March 17, 2010

More stufff to look forward to.

Let's hope I can keep my mind in the present:

1. New Band of Horses! Infinite Arms is due out May 18. Should be nothing short of spectacular from the Seattle-based band. Band of Horses have left the Sub Pop label for this, their third, record -- arriving at Brown Records/Fat Possum/Columbia; home to the likes of Andrew Bird, The Black Keys, Crocodiles and other lesser-known bands. BoH will tour the U.S. in May, supporting Pearl Jam. Madison Square Garden on May 21 is the closest to my neck of the woods ...

For more, visit their Web site.



2. New Neil Young documentary I love all things Neil, so I was excited to hear about "Neil Young Trunk Show," hitting select theaters (which means nowhere near me) on March 19.

Check out the trailer!


3. Phish! It was just announced today that Phish's summer tour will make a stop within my radius: a two-night stand at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center on June 19 and 20.

Check out their summer dates.

They will also be releasing a 3D movie filmed at the Halloween fest, Phish Festival 8, in Indio, CA. Sounds pretty cool. We'll finally know how hippies look in 3D ...

Other notable news:

The Barrelhouse Brothers (the band I play in) got a Peavy P.A. system and will soon be announcing a 'It's Spring: Time To Come Out of Your Hole' show.

The Adirondack Park will not be closing this summer to balance the budget!

... and today is St. Patrick's Day. Happy St. Patrick's Day if you're Irish. If not, enjoy celebrating beer anyway.

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment