1. An inspiring illustrator, Jason Grube:
2. Nothing goes with a drive through the Adirondacks to my favorite trout stream better than some great "newgrass/jamgrass" music, like that of Minnesota's Trampled By Turtles. Lovin these guys.
Oh, and Old Crow Medicine Show has a new album coming out that you can stream here in its entirety.
3. I love the idea behind these iphone/iPod speakers that don't require electricity. Although, I say save your money and do what I do: Place your phone in a ceramic bowl you have in your cupboard. Your friends will be amazed ("dude ... that's freaking awesome") as the sound is amplified twofold.
4. I've been playing some music of my own and have a solo gig at a jazz bar every other Thursday. I also played a wild backyard bash this weekend (dubbed "Mustacio Bashio"). Ever tried riding someone else down a 25' inflatable water slide while drinking a beer? #thekidsarealright
5. Go Yanks. In first place yet again.
Other than that, I've been enjoying a great summer in the Northeast with my awesome and beautiful girlfriend Casey and our dog Abbey Road, barnstorming across the state, attending countless weddings and coming home broke but happy.
Here's to hoping your summer is going as well as mine. Cheers to life, inspiration, music, PBR, freedom and the great outdoors. God Bless America.