Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Morning Jacket UNSTAGED

Last night My Morning Jacket took to the stage in a much-hyped show at Louisville's historic Palace Theater. The event, directed by Todd Haynes, was live webcast. I experienced a pretty shaky webcast that led to me giving up after watching a beautiful version of Gideon and their new one, "Outta My System."


Watch highlights from the show at MMJs Vevo channel, including a version of "Wordless Chorus" with guest Erykah Badu (who also joined the band for MMJs "The Day is Coming" and two of her tunes, "Twinkle" and "Tyrone"). Watch it here.



Oh yeah, I'll be cozying up to the stage to watch My Morning Jacket at Mountain Jam this Sunday (Preservation Hall Jazz plays a set or two before so I'm sure they'll join). I'll also be catching Dawes, Avett Brothers, Edward Sharpe & Magnetic Zeros, Gov't Mule, Umphreys and many more. #pumped

No comments:

Post a Comment