Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Day Is Coming


2 round-trip train tickets, Albany-Penn Station: Check
1 Night's Stay at the Holiday Inn Express Madison Square Garden: Check
2 tickets to Band of Horses/My Morning Jacket 12/14 at MSG: Check

Indeed. The bags are packed and the anticipation is growing for my mid-week trip to New York City to see BoH and My Morning Jacket rock MSG. And what better time of year? The Big Apple dressed in holiday garb, and the bustle of the city made a bit more tolerable by jolly shoppers and holiday greetings (not you, homeless guy).

So the question you're probably asking yourself: Who am I more excited to see? Well, funny you asked. Both bands have a reputation for great live performances; but being that I've seen MMJ live on two occasions (see photo above from MMJ at Essex Junction in '10), I would have to say that I'm more excited to finally see Band of Horses. My last opportunity to see them was muffed when Kings of Leon cancelled their scheduled appearance in Saratoga Springs this summer. I'll also be interested to see how the softer songs of their newer album translate to the arena.

These are two rock juggernauts descending from the Black Forest of deep space to rock the Big Apple, and I'll be there to witness the hammer fall. Sure there will be tender moments (when Ben Bridwell reaches for the highs), but mainly, it's going to fucking rock my face.

So, check in late this week for some amateur photos and a recap of the experience. It should be epic.

- J

No comments:

Post a Comment