Sunday, March 8, 2009

FLUUFFHEAD!!! (shaking fist angrily)

I was one song away from guessing the opening song of Phish's Hampton reunion. I guessed The Divided Sky. Well...

Set One: Fluffhead, Divided Sky, Chalk Dust Torture, Sample In A Jar, Stash, I Didn’t Know, Oh Kee Pah Ceremony>Suzy Greenberg, Farmhouse, NICU, Horn, Rift, Train Song, Water In The Sky, Squirming Coil, David Bowie (such a sick Bowie)

Welcome back boys

Go to livephish.com and you can download the reunion shows for free (for a limited time)!

I wouldn't consider myself a Phish-head but, after listening to Night One, I can hear the same Phish I fell in love with on the Hampton Comes Alive (1998) bootlegs (I still have "Possum" on every mix on my I-Pod). At other times, most notably in "Farmhouse," the vibe just didn't develop and the jams weren't as fleshed-out. But hey, what's to be expected from their first show back? I'll be expecting them to rock "Farmhouse" in the near future.

For the record:

Set Two: Backwards Down The Number Line, Tweezer, Taste, Possum, Theme From The Bottom First Tube, Harry Hood, Waste, You Enjoy Myself*,

Encore: Grind**, Bouncing Around The Room, Loving Cup

Notes: SOUNDCHECK: The Squirming Coil, Funky Bitch

* Started and stopped, and restarted ** Acapella

Enjoy it.

(Do I get any brownie points if they played all the songs I guessed for openers?)

No comments:

Post a Comment