Monday, May 31, 2010

Rev Hall dropping the curtain


After a lot of speculation, it's official: One of my favorite venues/brew pubs within driving distance, Revolution Hall, in Troy, is suspending music indefinitely, announced owners Brown's Brewing Co.

Their goal, according to a recent news story: "is to redevelop Revolution Hall into a multiuse space capable of hosting concerts, private events like meetings of Brown’s Brewing’s 400-member Mug Club and, yes, banquets."

Busch ...

It was known for bringing some of the best jam bands and indie rock to the area, but I liked it for the atmosphere. Whether you were raging on the hardwood floor or chilling in the balcony, you always had a good time at Rev Hall. Did I mention $2 Pork Slap Ale on tap? How about all the Brown's microbrew on tap (including Raspberry, yummm)?

Some of the shows I've seen there:

My first Umphrey's McGee show, my first Yonder Mountain String Band show on a sweltering summer night, my first Tea Leaf Green with old friends, and most recently, my first Dr. Dog show with someone very special .

Who knows what Rev Hall will become, but, to the Rev Hall I knew: You will be missed, friend, thanks for the memories!

-J

No comments:

Post a Comment