Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Squidbillies

One of my favs, Widespread Panic, were featured on Squidbillies season opener last week. The episode title was "The Need For Weed." Description: "The discovery of Lil's secret drug operation brings widespread panic to Dougal County."

I'm a fan of the Adult Swim program Squidbillies. I never thought I would get into Adult Swim cartoons, but found myself watching Aqua Teen Hungerforce and Metalocalypse on Adult Swim when I had insomnia (everybody does it, it's cool). The shows begin to grow on you and you begin to respect the twisted minds behind them.

There are many reasons to like Squidbillies, but the real beauty in it is the background design, done by Ben Prisk.

Check out his blog here

It's very unique and original and, in all its obtuse glory, fits the show so well.

Another reason is that the show featured Widespread Panic in its season premiere last week. Widespread just came out with a new album, Dirty Side Down. It has some new, Jeff Beck-esque guitar work from Jimmy Herring that fits their southern fried jam pretty well.

Stream the Squidbillies episode featuring Widespread on Adult Swim's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment